You may think that why would you need an automated feeder for your pet before buying one. You can feed your favorite pet by yourself. It was considered as a way of expressing love for that cute and adorable animal of yours. Yes, it is true. But there are some truths as well you need to know about feeding your cat or dog. Do you know excessive weight of that beloved pet of yours can cause health issues like cancer, Osteoarthritis, kidney problems etc? This over weight problem can be generated from over eating. You don’t know how much you need to feed your pet maintain their proper weight. You may feed more them more than then they need and that may end up in over weight. This where you need an automated feeder the most. It will provide your pet time to time with proper amount of food which will keep its weight within a limit. Now comes what aspect to consider when you are out there and looking for pet feeders. There are a few things you need to keep in mind and they are –
• Number of pets: The first thing to consider while buying an automated feeder for pet is how many of them you’ve got at your home. If you have more than one, you may need more than one feeder. Otherwise theirs is a possibility of them getting enough food at one time.
• Strength & size of the pet: How strong and big is your cat or dog also matters when it comes to buy an automated feeder. The bigger and stronger your pet is the stronger feeder you to get them. Otherwise it is nothing impossible that they might pull the cover up and eat more than they should.
• Checking out the review: Not all the feeders are perfect for all kind of pets. The feeder that you can use for your cat, may be not the one that you work out for your dog as well. The amount of food cat consumes is not always as equal as dogs. Depending on the dogs size that how much food need. So, keep it in your mind and choose carefully.
Avoidable mistakes while choosing automated pet feeder:
It is nothing unusual to make a wrong buying decision. But you can avoid such mistake if you stay concerned of a few things.
• High price doesn’t indicate higher quality always: It might seem a little weird but it actually is true. While buying an automated feeder for your pet you should rely on the reviews more than the price. There are some other aspects as well that can help you to take a better decision, such as quality of its material.
• Buying the feeder in a hurry: It is nothing unusual that people buy automated feeder, especially when they are about leave for a long tour or a trip out of the country. Under such circumstance there is higher possibility of getting the wrong one. So, take your time before buying one.
• Not checking the warranty: Another major mistake while buying automated feeder. One must check the warranty of the product and guarantee as well. Make sure that it came with at least one year of warranty.