One of the best ways to ensure that there will be a great entertainer at your party is to hire a magician. However, as there are all sorts of illusionists, picking the one that would be the best for a particular audience is difficult. Fortunately, different performers bring different acts and finding one that would be the best is not an impossible task. This means, however, that you will need to pay attention and look for certain things that ensure you are dealing with someone who is a professional. Nobody wants to end up with a fraud and be disappointed at the end of an evening. Here are some of the most important things to pay attention to when looking for an area magician:
• A member of a respected club. One of the first signs that your magician is legit is membership in one of the societies of Magic. And we are not talking about Harry Potter here. Magicians have their clubs, and only those of the highest professionalism are accepted.
• Awards. If your magician has an award, it means that he is recognized and is good. However, some local award might not be a testament to his success and greatness, but if you are dealing with somebody who has recognition at the country level, quality is guaranteed. If you want to delve deeper into your research, find out whether the artist has published articles or books on the subject. Work like this is a good indication of professionalism.
• Experience and reviews. Though there are plenty of great young illusionists, the experience is one of the most important factors when hiring somebody to do their job. And while there aren’t as many old magicians as there used to be, they are still the best at what they do. Moreover, look for reviews online. Testimonies from the clients is an excellent way to find out what kind of a performer you are potentially going to hire. Nevertheless, some people tend to pay for fake reviews, so be careful.
• What kind of a show it is. Knowing what your audience or guests like is the key when picking the entertainer. There are all sorts of magic shows, so make sure you find out what people who are going to witness the act want to see. Close-up magic and illusion shows are one of the most popular, and they usually work for any audience. If you happen to be uncertain, pick one of the two.
• Insurance. Make sure that they have liability insurance. You never know what might happen. It’s always good to be prepared.
These few tips when looking for an area magician should help you better understand what it’s like booking an artist. Follow them, and you might end up witnessing a show of a lifetime.